Monday, January 3, 2011

Knitting Wips

I am the world's slowest knitter.  I can do lots of stitches, but I'm awkward and I have to be really careful not to drop any, because I can't pick them back up properly.  Generally, I stick to the super simple patterns, but someday I would love to knit a sweater and a triangular lace shawl.

 My grandma knit slippers like these for us every year.  When I saw this pattern, I decided to make myself a pair.  They are pretty simple, but as I said, I am slow.
 Scrunchable Scarf.  Nice easy pattern, which uses only knit and purl stitches.
Garter Stitch Scarf:  the only thing I can do with this very soft and fuzzy yarn.  I was given two skeins of it, and am working on the second one.  I expect the scarf to be between 60 and 70 inches long when it's finished.


 
Learn to Knit Afghan from the book of the same name, by Barbara Walker.  My colors are two shades of  sage green, brown and  cream.
I am really tired of this one, so I'm going to quit at 49 squares and make a  throw. I have 9 or 10 squares left to make, and then all that tedious sewing together.....

2 comments:

  1. If you think you're the world's slowest knitter, let me tell you, you've got competition here! I have stayed away from knitting for exactly the same reasons as yourself. Any ideas for cures? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, they do say that practice makes perfect.......!

    ReplyDelete