Monday, January 3, 2011

The First of the Wip Posts: Embroidery


The top one is an embroidered panel, which I intended to incorporate into an old fashioned apron.  I'm not sure if I will still do that, since my mother in law made me a really nice apron a month ago, and I don't use an apron all that often.  I found the pattern for this on-line a while ago, and traced it to the fabric with a water color pencil.  (I hope the marks wash out!)

The bottom one is a pillowcase border.  If I ever get it finished, I will make another one to match.  I bought the transfer for them at Hobby Lobby.  I was surprised at how inexpensive transfers are.

2 comments:

  1. They look so pretty. I haven't done embroidery, but I have done Redwork. (That's just basically backstitching though, I think... I haven't done it in a long time.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if you can do redwork, you can embroider. You just need to change the thread color once in a while!

    ReplyDelete