Monday, January 3, 2011

Cross Stitch WIPS

I started cross stitching when my children were little, and all three are grown up now.  The front porch design has probably been a WIP for 15 years!  Cross stitch is harder for me than it used to be, because my eyes are aging.  I might have to get some sort of magnifier.

 I like samplers because it's easy to keep track of where I am.
 I optimistically started this in the fall of 2009, with the goal of finishing it in 2010.  maybe 2011?
 Front porch picture by Paula Vaughn.  I've been working on this for a l-o-n-g time!
 Winter homestead scene.  This is on 22 count Aida, so I'm not sure if I will ever finish it. It's hard for me to see where to poke the needle.
 The beginning of a Welcome sign.  Its meant to fit into my wall hung coat hook rack, which has a place for a needlework design.  I filled it with a piece of fabric temporarily, (5 or 6 years ago!).
This is a design printed on even weave fabric.  It is meant to be embellished with cross stitch.  I was attracted to the kit, because it said quick and easy on the package.  Well, it's easy, but not really so quick!

No comments:

Post a Comment