Friday, November 4, 2011

Coasters

Directions for coasters made from ceramic tiles are all over the internet.  Michelle and I made these using 4 inch tiles from Menards, (11 cents each), a jar of Mod-Podge and a few sheets of scrapbook paper.  The backs of the tiles are rough so we glued on some squares of vinyl to finish them off.  Cork or felt would be a good way to finish the backs as well.  I sprayed the finished product with clear acrylic finish, but I don't know if it was necessary.

 I made these, all from the same sheet of paper.

Michelle made this set, using 4 different sheets of paper.  I like these a lot better than mine, especially that one on the bottom right.

1 comment:

  1. These turned out great. I've made a few. I need to post them on my blog. I love your paper!!

    ReplyDelete