I made both these pairs of booties last week Friday, in order to avoid doing anything more ambitious, like housework.
The lilac colored ones are knit from this pattern. I used WW yarn, (Caron Pounder leftover from the doily ghan and the Lilacs in February blanket), and size 6 needles, and they are about 6 month size.
The green crocheted booties are this pattern. The yarn is Red Heart Soft, and I used a G hook.
Both pairs of booties will be donated.
Monday, March 28, 2011
Thursday, March 17, 2011
This is made out of the same yarn as the Lilacs in February blanket. I had purchased an extra skein (Caron Pounder in lilac), in case I needed it to finish that blanket. I didn't use it, so I decided to make another blanket out of it. I ended up needing more than 16 oz of yarn for this blanket, so I had to buy another skein. Of course I still have most of that last skein left, so now I will have to think of something else to make out of it. I made up this pattern as I went along, but so far I've only written out the first 15 or so rows. I'm not sure that this will ever become a written pattern, since it required such a lot of ripping out and re-doing in order to get it to lay flat. As is the case with most of the baby things I make, this will be donated to the local pregnancy resource center.
My original plan was to make a fancy border for this blanket, but by the time I finished the petal section, it was already 40 inches in diameter. So I finished it off with a very simple scalloped border instead.
I thought it would be fun to make baby shoes for donation to the local pregnancy resource center. With that in mind, I found this pattern and hunted through my fabric stash. The finished shoes are cute, but the pattern is rather carelessly written and my first attempt did not go well. However, I did manage to make these little shoes this morning. I'm not sure that I will attempt these again, although I may look for other baby shoe patterns to try.